Monday, June 1, 2009

old lady and her helper

This morning, I woke up to a screaming 2 year old. She was screaming because her sock was the slightest bit twisted on her toes. I fixed her sock and went back to bed hoping for a bit more sleep. She was quiet for a little and I was impressed it lasted as long as it had. She started screaming again and this time it was because there was a tiny little cat hair on her 'lovey'. Not many people know how Laney really acts. She reminds me a lot of an old lady. Nothing can be out of order. Nothing can be messy (to her standards). Nothing can be stained (her clothes, sheets, socks, etc...). If there is a hair on anything she freaks out. Esp. in the tub...if she gets a hair on her hands it is the end of the world. After all this screaming this morning (6AM) Kayli woke up too and I took the girls to my bed. I didnt expect to get any sleep but it was chilly and I thought we could all cuddle. Obviously, they had different plans. As soon as they hit my bed they started jumping and throwing the pillows around. But Laney noticed, after a minute or two, that one of the pillow cases was coming off and to her it was a tragedy!! She started screaming and trying to fix that pillow. She didnt want to jump anymore. She didnt want anything to do w/ Kayli or I. She needed to fix that damn pillow! After fiddling with it she accepted my help and we fixed it. Laney really makes me laugh. She is so much older than her time and I mean, so much older as in, elderly! ha! She runs like an old lady, acts like an old lady. She is just so careful and cautious w/ everything she does. Thanks to her older sister she gets the help she needs. I can always count on Kayli to calm her (to an extent). And to help her out when she is having an old lady moment. Laney's sock was not up to her standards a few minutes ago, again. But Kayli went right over and helped her straighten it out. And if you are wondering why she is always wearing socks it is because she has to have them on or, again, she freaks out. You know, she may get a hair stuck in her toes if she is barefoot!! haha


Here is the old lady (Laney) and her helper (Kayli)

No comments:

Post a Comment