Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hump Day

This morning was a very fun morning. My mom came down around 8AM and helped w/ the kids. We were planing on going to the gym together so she could take the aerobics class w/ me, at the gym I go to. However, I was not expecting her to show up at 8AM so there was still much to do for us to get through our morning routine. I am grateful that my mom did come down, dont get me wrong. But sometimes when she is here I feel like I have 3 children instead of two. haha! I was in the bathroom getting ready to go to the gym and I heard my mom cheering, just like a cheerleader, whenever my kids took a bite of their breakfast. Apparently, my kids werent very hungry and I forced breakfast on them because I knew that after the gym we were going to do something fun for them. And I figured they should eat something good before indulging in sweets! The cheerleading did work a little bit so I have to give my mom credit there :)

We finally made it out of the house and headed to the gym. The class was great! Made us sweat like total hog faces!!! I have never seen my mom sweat so much either. Way to go granny, for keeping up in the class!!! haha

After the gym we went to Rita's Italian Ice. Yummy! Laney got a Blendini w/ M&M's. Kayli ordered a "pink misto shake" so it was Watermelon. Not too good...and I dont think she liked it either. My mom and I got a Ritaccino. Yum-O!!! I loved it and I highly recommend it. The blendini was also good! BUT the entire time I was drinking my ritaccino in the back of my mind I knew that going to the gym was probably pointless. My mom kept saying, "oh Heidi we could have gotten something much worse. But when I got home I looked it up online and it was 780 calories, 20 grams of fat and 14 grams of saturated fat. Ugh, I am such a fatso!!!! So much for sweating like a hogface at the gym!

After Rita's we headed to the park and we all had fun! Kayli and Laney were running around like nuts, going up and down the slides over and over. My mom and I tried to see-saw... that would have been a good picture to post. However, I did not have my camera. Laney was scared to do some stuff. And if she fell she got really upset because she had mulch on her hands, on her shoes or on her shorts. She just stood there and cried until I went over and picked every last piece of mulch off of her. Like I said, my little old lady who doesnt like dirty-ness. There is a creek right by the park that we ended up IN. Kayli had her shoes off and was walking in it and Laney only wanted her one shoe/sock off beacuse she hurt her big toe, about...3 weeks ago, and refuses to take the bandaid off or her socks/shoes. In the end both kids had wet shorts, socks and shoes. It was lots of fun. After all that, we headed home. Laney is napping, Kayli is snacking and I am blogging :)

I hope all of you enjoy this post! I know it is long and if you got this far then KUDOS to you! :)




1 comment:

  1. Hey! I made it through...LOL! You are too funny! I love days like that! You come home with the kids needing a serious bath!! That means they are tuckered out and we are good Mom's!!! :)

    ReplyDelete