Monday, June 8, 2009

I have a Bible!

Today, Jerusha, my cousins wife. Sent me a Bible for myself. Along with The Jesus Storybook Bible for my girls and a wonderful CD. Since I have never really known what my 'Faith' is or if I completely believe in God...Jerusha thought that starting, simply by reading the Bible, may help. She made up some note cards to stick inside to guide me on where the best place for me to begin would be. I did read some of it today. I will admit, I did not get very far. I had too many disturbances from my children. Not complaining...just stating a fact:) However, my girls really wanted me to read them the Bible they recieved. I was more than willing to do so. I was thinking it wouldnt last very long but to my suprise, both of them loved it. We read a little before Laney's nap. And then, before the girls went to bed, we read a good bit of it (for us). Kayli was really into it. She had questions, comments and I even heard her gasping at some parts. I would go back and ask her questions about some of the things I read to her and she answered all of them correctly. I am overjoyed that my kids like this. Laney usually doesnt want anything to do w/ any book. Except if she gets to rip it up! But this time she sat and listened. She loved all the colorful pages and illustrations.

Jerusha asked me,"what can it hurt to put your Faith in God?" I do think we should all believe in something. I mean really, what can it hurt?

1 comment:

  1. EXACTLY!!! Your last paragraph is what I try to tell everyone! You will be amazed at the things you notice and see once you get started! Blessings are in every size, shape and form! Let me know if you need anything! Okay!!!! :) The fact that your girls are so into it is AWESOME!! That is the same way my kids are. They actually look forward to church (I never did growing up but I am thankful they do!) Oh and don't get disappointed by the distractions... it's part of our lives and we do it when we can!! Later chica!

    Tell your cousin's wife, I said thank you... I was praying you would at least get to this point!

    ReplyDelete