Monday, August 3, 2009

Update on Aunt Sam

I (among many others) recieved this email tonight. My Aunt had her first MRI done last Wed. And they got the results today. Erik, my cousin (my Aunt's son) wrote this email to let everyone know the results. He words it better than I ever would so that is why I am just copying the email he sent...

The last few months have been filled with many doctor's appointments, as Sam completed radiation a few weeks ago, along with the co-existing 36 day chemotreatment. Honestly, though there were a few bumps along the way, she breezed through all of it thanks be to the mercy and kindness of God. She would add, "that's fruit from working with sick kids for years."

I would want to also share that my Dad has served my Mom heroically dayafter day. He always prized himself as being a flexible servant, well now folks, he takes first prize in my book. Dad, thanks for being there for your wife of 35 years, especially this one!

Today was the big day as we got the results from the 3 month MRI from Dr.Whiner. Basically, everything looks good at this point, which is exactly what we were hoping for. Again, we were celebrating with tears together today, thanking God for the good results.

The next 3 months will be filled with more doctor appointments, as well as a 23 day off and 5 day on chemo treatment. This chemo treatment is 3 times the dose she was on prior, but Sam is doing great with this too. Hopefully Sam will have some memorable moments ahead with the grandkids at the beach,the leaves changing colors and the cool Autumn nights (which she loves).Around early Nov. we will provide another update as we get the results fromthe 6 month MRI.

Thank you for your prayers and support along this journey, so much grace has been extended to us through them.

On behalf of Jim and Sam Sheffer,

Erik



No comments:

Post a Comment