Sunday, August 2, 2009

Carnival

Yesterday, Matt and I took the girls to the Hellam Carnival. It rained while we were there. We were all soaked but since we bought our tickets and it seemed it was going to clear up we decided to stay. Really, whats a little rain in the middle of summer!? It really cooled us off :) Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so there are no pics. But this was Laney's first time at a Carnival. She was so excited she kept clapping. And here and there you'd hear a, "whoohoo" come out of her mouth. She rode the carousel w/ Matt and Kayli. Matt had to get on with her so he stood beside the horse she was on. At first she was scared and everytime she went around and went by me she'd say, "momma off, hold you." She had tears in her eyes and everything. Something must have clicked because all of a sudden she was smiling and laughing telling the horse to "giddy up." I think she rode the carousel 3 times. She and Kayli also went in the little 'fun house' maze thing together. It was a walk-through and they both liked it. I think Laney went in that 3 times too. Once again, Kayli proved to be a wonderful, caring, big sister. She stayed by Laney's side the whole was through. Holding her hand and lifting her up when Laney asked for help. She even told some of the other kids to, "watch out for my baby sister...she's little and if you hurt her I will be very mad at you." It was so sweet!! Kayli is a wonderful soul and I just love her little heart!! Laney would not get on any other rides. Not the little cars or the dinosaurs. I had her in line and even gave the tickets to the guy and she changed her mind everytime. She did enjoy herself despite her lack of interset in the rides. She loved watching Kayli riding the rides. She was cheering for her, clapping and telling Kayli, "good job."

Now Kayli, she is a carnival champion. She rode all the rides. Matt had to get on a few with her because she was too small. Kayli also made a friend. Her name was Neveah and she was there w/ her grandma. I think Kayli and Neveah rode every ride together. And the best part was, Neveah's grandma gave Kayli all her tickets for every ride she rode w/ her. She said she'd rather have a friend for her grand daughter to ride with and she insited on paying for Kayli's tickets. We tried to give her money for them but she refused and said she'd be very insulted. She also said there isnt enough kindness in the world anymore and it was the least she could do. Talk about a sweet sweet lady!! I couldnt thank her enough for her kindness :)

While we (Neveah grandma and I...I never got her name) were talking about the kids and what not, I found out that she and her husband also live in Wrightsville. But Neveah lives in NY w/ her mom and dad. She was just here visiting for the weekend. Small world. I really hope that we run into them again sometime. Kayli adored Neveah, they were the same age and the got a long very well.

All in all the small carnival here in Hellam was a hit. I am so glad we decided to take them. I love seeing my kids have fun. I loved being out in the rain on a hot summer eve. I loved seeing Laney get excited over watching Kayli ride the rides. I loved seeing Kayli's smile as she talked to her new friend. I loved watching Laney show off how proud she was that she rode the carousel a few more times and didnt cry. She kept telling us, "I did it." And bless Kayli's heart, she hugged Laney and told her how proud she was of her! I just love being with my family. Matt makes me smile from ear to ear. My kids make me laugh so much! I am so proud to be their momma!! I love these kind of moments...the simple ones...that the memories will last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment