Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kid talk

Today I've had several convo.'s w/ Kayli. And each time it took all I had not to laugh. I wasnt laughing 'at' her. But she says the funniest things. I know what she means when she says them...but she doesnt always get it out right. Here are some parts of our 'chats' today...

I was outside w/ her and I was holding our kitty, Willis. He isnt an outdoor cat at all. So I figured I'd just mosey on out while holding him. Kayli says to me, "mom, why dont you just put him down and let him play in the yard?" I tell her no b/c he is not an out door cat and he will get fleas, etc... She said, "I have the greatest idea...we can get him a termite colar, a pink one w/ sparkles and flowers and diamonds and a leash and walk him all around town. He'd love that." The termite color just got me! I couldnt stop laughing.

At the gym this morning there was a little girl (we'll call her A), maybe 14 months old, in the play room w/ the kids. Kayli was telling the story of how "she was been bad." As we were leaving, she stopped at the front desk and proceeded to tell the lady behind the desk about her little friend. She said, "A has been been-ing so bad...Her was not listening. She was just running around. Do you know why A is been-ing so bad?" Talk about confusion w/ the past, present, future tense. Ha! Kayli also asked her friend, "is you coming to the gym tomorrow? My mom is brought-ing me tomorrow." Oh boy!!

Yesterday Matt went to Home Depot. Laney asked where dad went. I told her. Then today all she kept saying was, "daddy at hoheho?" For the life of me I could not figure out what she was saying. Kayli chimes in and says, "mom! She is saying Home Depot, duh." WOW! Sorry about that Kayli! hahaha!

I just love the way they talk sometimes. It craks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment