Wednesday, July 29, 2009

what's this life

Tonight is one of those nights. The kind where you cant sleep. Tiredness never comes. Mind racing. Worry. Fear of the unknown. Wondering why 'stuff' happens...and the way it happens?!

I talked to a few people today. On the phone, via email, in person, on facebook and even some here in blogland. Actually, I did not talk to the people here in blogland. I have heard of their stories through friends here. To start I woke up worrying about my Aunt and Uncle. As my previous post states, she has her first MRI today since her surgery and treatments. She will get the results on Monday. And today she started her new chemo. treatments. This is just something that is always in my mind. I pray for her and her family, daily. Yes, I worry about her b/c she has cancer. But when I see her I feel at ease because she is doing great. She makes it less worrisome for all of us I am sure, with her faith and courage.

I talked to my mom a few times. My dad is home for now. Doing ok, I guess. But she and I both think there is more to the story than what we are being told. We know he has colon cancer and it has spread to his lymph nodes. For now that is all we know. Until he is healthy enough to endure another surgery and treatments, the cancer is stuck in there hopefully not spreading. He is scared. My mom is scared for him and just so exhausted. And I am worried. As usual. Worried!

My close friend works at a daycare. She told me today about this little girl that has been going there since she was a baby, who is now 18 months old and was just diagnosed w/ leukemia. I do not know her, never saw her in my life. I do not know the parents either. But being a mother, I just cant imagine going through something like that. I cant imagine what they are feeling. To think just a year ago she was a healthy baby girl. And now she is at Hershey Medical Center being treated for cancer! What is this cancer and why does it happen? I hate it!

I read this blog and it breaks my heart. This little boy (Stellan) and his family have gone through and are still going through so much. He is only 9 m/o. If you have time check out their blog. Also, please pray for him and his family.

So, now I know why I cant sleep. I am just so worried. I wonder why bad things happen to good people. Wether it is someone I know personally or not...it is sad. All day it seemed there was just bad news all around. I try to think positive but then I hear all this stuff and my heart breaks. I really wish things like this just didnt happen. Everywhere you turn you hear something about cancer or a child that is very sick. I hope GOD does have a plan. And I hope it is a good one. And I guess I have to learn to accept the things I cannot change. I will be thinking of all of these people. I will be hoping for the best. I will pray for them. But in the meantime I can't help but wonder, what's this life for if there is pain and sickness for so many people?!

2 comments:

  1. It's all just so sad, thinking of sick kids (I've been following Stellan too). Before having my son, I had compassion for people but not nearly as deep as when you're a parent. The smallest sufferings really tear me up now.

    I'm glad the button code worked for you! It's nice to also find another blogger from PA. I'm in Berks county.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to children (even as a Christian) it is very hard to understand! God's plan is good, just sometimes we can't see it! I am praying for Baby Stellan too and his Mama, I can't imagine! Love your new look btw!

    ReplyDelete