Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My poor girlie

My little Laney is sick. She has a fever. No other symptoms. She has been getting this fever thing since she was about 6 months old. It is always just a fever. And when I take her to the DR they always tell me it is just a virus. Like yesterday...Dr. Kirby said it is just a viral infection because besides the fever she had no other symptoms. The last time she got this was on May 21st. So, it has been 9 weeks. This is the longest she has gone w/out getting it. However, back in May when she got this, I was so concerned. I took her to the DR. This time I had Dr. Sirolly. I told her my fears of Laney getting this fever, literally, every 4-6 weeks on the dot, like clock-work. And there has been a few times where she has only gone 2 weeks between fevers. It didnt seem normal to me. Kayli has not been as sick as much as Laney has been and Kayli is 5. Laney has had more fevers, I think, than I have had in my 33 years. Finally, this time, I got a DR who was going to do something about it and not brush it off as a virus and tell me, "oh it is normal for kids to get 10-12 colds a year." Since Laney had no other symptoms and such a high fever for 2 days at this point, she did a urinalysis. And sent her for blood work. Everything ended up coming back pretty normal. She was a bit anemic but she told me that iron supplements would do the trick. And she also said that something was elevated from her Sed. Rate...but that was due to the fever and was normal. She wanted to repeat the blood work in about 8-10 weeks. I was going to take her for her blood work but now I have to wait since she is sick right now. Dr. Sirolly did mention to me that she could have something called, Periodic Fever Syndrome. But there isnt really anything you can do for that. Hopefully this is something she will grow out of. I hate seeing my poor girlies sick. I know it is just a fever but it bugs me. Last time she had this, her fever got up to 104.5 the one night. So scary! I will admit, this time she doesnt seem as sick. When I give her meds. Esp. during the day (yesterday andso far today) she acts like she isnt even sick. She is running around, screaming, hitting Kayli, pretending to be Tinkerbell. I hope this time it passes quickly. I know she hates feeling sick and I hate seeing her sick. Also, I do need to go to the gym. I feel so disconnectedwhen I dont get to work out and have 'me ' time. haha!



8am today. She felt terrible! :(


1 hour later after Motrin.

No comments:

Post a Comment