Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Kayli

My kids are not perfect by any means. They get punished a lot. But we praise them a lot too, when praise is what they deserve...

Each month, starting after the 1st marking period, 2 kids from each class and each grade win the Wall of Fame, for some reason or another. Last month, we received a note in Kayli's folder saying she was selected for the 'Wall of Fame' for the month of Nov. It was a surprise for Kayli. We were not to tell her anything about it. The day of the assembly, Laney, Matt and I were sitting in the bleachers at Wrightsville Elem. School, waiting to see our baby girl win the award.

Their teacher calls them up to get their certificate and tells everyone why this child is getting the award this month. Kayli won hers because she is respectful to others. Her teacher said, Kayli is so easy to get along with, is always smiling and happy. Helps other kids out when they are having trouble. And she can count on Kayli to always get the work done. My eyes filled with tears as I heard what the teacher was saying and as I watched Kayli walk up to get her award. Her little fists were clenched from excitement and she had a huge smile on her face. I was (am) so proud of Kayli. I know it is not a huge deal. It is just a 2nd grade award. But for an 8 year old to win a 'respect' award, is something in my book. Esp. when that child has a mom like me...not too sensitive, usually selfish and swears like a sailor.

I hope Kayli always has pride in her heart. I hope she grows up to be un-like me. She is so amazing and I love her to pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment