Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oh what-a week(end)

For some reason this past week felt like it was dragging on and on. I think I have had a headache for most of the week. Thank you PMS! I went to the Dr. on Wed. because I have been getting these really weird heart beats. Esp. at night when I start to doze off or after sitting from running around all day. My heart isnt beating out of control or anything. It simply makes a thud in my chest and it feels like it skips a beat. I have no ther symptoms. And my Dr. did say that is probably is something simple. But it is better to be safe than sorry! Ever since Kayli started school I noticed this happening every night/day. I thought it would go away but it didnt. So I made an appt. w/ my family Dr. He said he'd like me to get blood work to check my liver, cholesterol, a complete CBC and my thyroid. He also wants me to wear a Holter Monitor for 24 hrs. I am to get that on Thursday. However, I have stopped the caffeine and my heart palpitaions have really subsided. I am sure some of it is due to stress. I am, by nature, a high-strung person...have you met my mother? haha! I worry too often. Between my Aunt, my dad and Laney getting this fever thing. Which, by the way, she has that again. She woke up w/ it today! And Matt with his shitty job. It's just me worrying, non-stop. I cant help it, it's what I do!! Thank God I have Matt as a husband. He doesnt worry about a thing, ever! He is my sanity. I probably do not need a heart monitor, I need some meds to calm my butt down! haha!

Anyway, like I said in the above paragraph by sweet little Laney has a fever again. I think I had, what most people would call a nervous breakdown this morning, really. I just sat with her and started to cry because I can see, when her fever is high, before the Tylenol kicks in, she is miserable. I wish I could help her more than by just giving her meds. Sometimes I feel like I am giving her too much medication but it is all that works to keep her fever down. I also hate the fact that she keeps getting these fevers. I scares me too much. They come one suddenly and leave just as quickly. No side effects or warnings of them coming. I am going to take her to the Dr. tomorrow. I know what they will say if I do not have Dr. S. It is probably just a virus. Bla, bla, bla! She is to have her blood work done again in about 3 weeks. I think I may ask if she can try a single dose of a low dose steroid to see if that works on her fever. If it does, then most likely, it is PFS (Periodic Fever Syndrome). But we will see. I have also heard a lot of negative things about steroids. Esp. in children.

I just dont know which way my mind is going these days. I need to calm down and stop worrying. It doesnt get me anywhere except in the Dr. office telling him how I dont want a pace-maker. haha! I am so stressed and need to stop being like this! I want everyone to be alright. I want my Laney to stop getting these fevers so I know she is OK. really, OK! Oh Lord give me strength!!! *Whenever I think or say that it reminds me of my mom...when I was young she would talk threw her teeth and say that to herself whenever I pissed her off!!* haha!

One last note...this picture is great!! It is my Aunt and Uncle with their many grandchildren. I just thought I would share because it is a lovely pic. and I pray that they are around for many years to come so they can see those beautiful little babies grow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment