Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ode to Rosie Mantis

Meet the lovely lady (pics below) that was hanging out on our back porch up at the top of the door jamb. We are assuming it is a female Mantis. Her abdomen was bulging and it looked like she had some babies in there!? The girls named her Rosie Mantis. She was there for 3 days. I kid you not, everytime we went outside she turned towards the back door like she wanted to go inside. She would turn her head to us everytime we said anything. Yesterday Matt took her over and put her in the bush by our fence. We agreed she'd be happier in a place where there was more foliage, bugs and stuff. I really do think she enjoyed her time at the top of our door. We do miss her and we hope she is safe and sound in the big green bush!!

I have been telling Laney about bugs lately. Crickets. Praying Mantis's and locusts mostly. She calls crickets, "crocs" and says, "oh mommy da crocs are derpin (chirping)" I asked her, "what is the bug called above our door? do you remember?" She looked at me and said, "Rosie" so I said, "no what KIND of bug is it? not a cricket or bee...but what kind? now think about it. Think..." She whispered, "think bug." Maybe you had to be here but it was so funny! Sometimes that girl is just clueless!!



Rosie w/ her beady black eyes


staring at me while I took her pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment