Friday, December 18, 2009

My Dad

I just wanted to put this on here for some of you who read this. My dad had surgery last Thursday, Dec. 10th to reverse his colostomy. He had no complications during or after the surgery. His Dr. was very pleased all went as planned. He was able to come home Wed. Dec. 16th after he passed gas and had a poo! Who would have ever thought farting and pooing would be such an exciting thing!!?? Sorry, dad...hope this doesnt embarrass you! haha He is doing well and is very happy this crazy stuff is all behind him. He still has a pretty long recovery but that is a lot better than what we thought it was going to be like. It is weird to think just 4-5 months ago we were told he had cancer and he was going to have to get chemo./radiation. Back in this post is where we all found out is wasnt cancer. Before that we all were 100% sure this was going to be a long, hard journey for my dad. Now that this is all over for him we all need to be grateful for the things we have. HE needs to realize that he has been given a second chance at life, pretty much. And my mom needs to see just how sexalicious my dad is! hahah!!! :D God is good for providing us w/ this miracle, for seeing my dad had the strength to go through this and for keeping the complications away! I hope my dad sees that too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment